Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Smartboard lessons in the works

Okay, I've been making new smartboard lessons. I made a couple for some things we did at an Orff workshop in September. I'm working on some things for my Mr. Everybody unit with first graders. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to try them in my classes because my Smartboard hasn't been hung yet! It's leaning against the wall, taunting me every day. Hopefully soon I'll get a surprise when I show up to work one morning. I guess I'll be really prepared with lessons when I'm able to use it!

In other news, I had my third grade classes playing barred instruments to the "He Came with the Couch" this week. They had two ostinati going while we sang. I was able to add in guiro and vibraslap accents most of the time. In one class it sounded really good, too. I was impressed! I found myself thinking, "wow! This is almost like an Orff workshop!" it's the first time I've had a song really come together quickly and pleasantly like that. I liked it a lot, and the kids had fun, too!

I'll try to find time to get some more pictures & ideas up later this week in case anyone is interested in anything fun and festive for fall.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preview songs from Two Lives (feat. Aktive) - Single by Rowe Rowe on the iTunes Store. Preview, buy, and download Two Lives (feat. Aktive) - Single for $0.99. Songs start at just $0.99.

    ReplyDelete